TERMS & CONDITIONS
Last Updated January 2018
Lucca Cycling Club ("we", "us", or "our") welcomes you. By registering for a Guided Ride or a Trip, all participants ("you" or "your") agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Fees and Payment
We collect an initial deposit of 750 euro for all Trips and 500 euro for Bespoke Trips. The full balance must be paid 60 days prior to the start date of the trip.
Cancellations and Modifications
In the unlikely case we have to cancel a Guided Ride or Trip and we certainly don't intend for this to happen, we will either propose an alternative solution, or you will be refunded in full. We regret, however, that we cannot reimburse additional costs you incur such as airline tickets.
We reserve the right to make route modifications as necessary or eventual cancellation for inclement weather for the comfort and safety of participants.
We understand things may happen that prevent you from coming on a trip. The following are our Cancellation Fees:
- 61-90+ days prior to your departure: 250 euro administrative fee
- 30-60 days prior to your departure: 100% of the trip price but you may apply 50% of your payment to a future trip (within two years)
- 0-30 days prior your departure: 100% of the trip price but you may apply 25% of your payment to a future trip (within two years)
Bespoke Trips and Guided Rides once-booked are fully non-refundable.
Lucca Cycling Club, like any club, functions best when its participants practice simple cycling etiquette. By coming on a Trip, you agree to comply with the following guidelines that help us create an environment of mutual respect:
- All participants shall practice self-awareness, diligence and follow Italian traffic laws when riding a bike. More specifically:
- it's obligatory to wear a helmet while cycling
- it's prohibited to consume alcohol during a ride
- participants shall allow cars to pass by riding single file when necessary
- All participants will be cyclists with a minimum base fitness and skill level that allows them to embrace Italy's narrow roads and ride amongst other cyclists.
- All participants shall respect each other, the guides, rental bikes, hotels, villas, cafes, and restaurants in order for Lucca Cycling Club to continue to build and cultivate collaborative relationships.
- Particular needs will be met when reasonably possible if communicated to us before the start of the Trip.
- Should you incur a problem or have a complaint, please make it known to Alison at the earliest convenient opportunity.
You cannot participate in a Lucca Cycling Club Trip without the following:
- valid personal/travel health insurance that covers outdoor sports activity including cycling
- a signed copy of our waiver, release and consent form with the details of your insurance provider which will be sent to you before the start of the trip.
Limitations of Liability
Our clients must understand the inherent risks and dangers of cycling. Lucca Cycling Club is also not liable for property damage or bodily damage as a result of (but not limited to) participants' physical exertion, forces of nature; travel by plane, train, auto, bike, boat or other transportation. Lucca Cycling Club is not liable for accidents caused by consumption of alcoholic beverages; civil unrest; terrorism; breakdown of equipment; high altitude; lack of or limited access to medical attention in remote locations; and the adequacy of medical attention once provided. Lucca Cycling Club is also not liable for expenses not specified as included in the trip, but which may be required to get to or from a trip start or end. Lucca Cycling Club may take photographs or make film records of its trips for promotional and commercial use, as well as approve such use by third parties without financial remuneration.
Content, photos, blog entries, and information are the property of Lucca Cycling Club. You are permitted to use its content, photos, and information for personal, informational, and non-commercial purposes. It is, however, prohibited to duplicate, modify graphics or content, quote materials out of their context and use these materials for commercial purposes.