TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Updated January 2019
Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete ("we", "us", or "our") welcomes you. Our commitment to excellence means we have guidelines and procedures in place to achieve maximum guest satisfaction and loyal business relationships. By registering for a Guided Ride or a Trip, all participants ("you" or "your") agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions. Please take a moment to read through them to discern whether our trips and rides are for you.
GUIDELINES AND CONDUCT
Trips and Guided Rides function best when its participants practice simple cycling etiquette. By joining us on a Guided Ride or Trip, you understand the importance of the following:
Safety: cycling, in general, entails risk and cycling in Italy is no different. Practicing self-awareness and caution by following Italian traffic laws, wearing a helmet and not consuming alcohol while riding is necessary to reduce risk.
We ask that you’re a cyclist with a minimum base fitness and skill needed to embrace Italy’s narrow roads and ride amongst others without being hazardous.
Respect: we take your individual needs seriously but please understand we cannot cater to each person’s wants and desires. The beauty of group trips is the possibility to meet new people, learn new ideas and ways of thinking in which case you may benefit greatly from putting your own needs aside for the benefit of the group. More specifically, showing up on time, maintaining a positive and open frame of mind, and respecting the overall speed of the group.
Should you incur a problem or have a complaint, please make it known to the head guide at the earliest convenient opportunity. We ask that you bring your issues directly to us rather than other guests - it’s our job to find the best possible solution, and we’re committed to this.
If you have specific needs, let us know when booking and we’ll do our utmost reasonable efforts to meet them.
Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete strives to build and cultivate collaborative relationships and we achieve this by collectively respecting our guides, rental bikes, hotels, villas, cafes, and restaurants. It is expected that you as a participant join us in building our collaborative relationships so we can ultimately serve you better.
Liability & Insurance: You are ultimately responsible for all the decisions you make and for this reason, it’s absolutely necessary you travel with valid personal/travel health insurance that covers outdoor sports activity including cycling. It is obligatory to sign our release liability waiver before the start of the trip.
FEES AND PAYMENT
We collect an initial deposit of 750 euro for all Trips and 500 euro for Bespoke Trips. The full balance will be prompted up to 60 days prior to the start date of the trip.
CANCELLATIONS AND MODIFICATIONS
In the unlikely case we have to cancel a Guided Ride or Trip and we certainly don't intend for this to happen, we will either propose an alternative solution, or you will be refunded in full. We regret, however, that we cannot reimburse additional costs you incur such as airline tickets.
We reserve the right to make route modifications as necessary or eventual cancellation for inclement weather for the comfort and safety of participants.
We understand things may happen that prevent you from coming on a trip. The following are our Cancellation Fees:
- 61-90+ days prior to your departure: 250 euro administrative fee
- 30-60 days prior to your departure: 100% of the trip price but you may apply 50% of your payment to a future trip (within two years)
- 0-30 days prior your departure: 100% of the trip price but you may apply 25% of your payment to a future trip (within two years)
- Refunds after the trip: there are no full or partial refunds after the trip
Bespoke Trips and Guided Rides once-booked are fully non-refundable but transferable to a friend or group of friends.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Our customers must understand the inherent risks and dangers of cycling. Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete is also not liable for property damage or bodily damage as a result of (but not limited to) participants' physical exertion, forces of nature; travel by plane, train, auto, bike, boat or other transportation. Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete is not liable for accidents caused by consumption of alcoholic beverages; civil unrest; terrorism; breakdown of equipment; high altitude; lack of or limited access to medical attention in remote locations; and the adequacy of medical attention once provided. Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete is also not liable for expenses not specified as included in the trip, but which may be required to get to or from a trip start or end. Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete may take photographs or make film records of its trips for promotional and commercial use, as well as approve such use by third parties without financial remuneration.
RELEASE LIABILITY WAIVER
By participating in a trip by Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete you agree to the following conditions and you cannot participate in a Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete trip without a signed waiver, release & consent:
- I freely acknowledge and realize the danger of participating in a trip by Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete and fully assume all risk including, but not limited to, collision with pedestrian vehicles, other riders and/or other fixed moving objects of persons, the negligence of other riders and dangers arising from falls and public road or path surfaces, as well as the possibility of physical and/or mental trauma or injury.
- I understand that if I leave before or after the trip starting time or travel a course different from the trip route as lead by the guide, I will not receive services as published or advertised. I further agree to pay all fees associated with my participation in all or part of the event.
- I realize that trips by Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete require physical exertion and I represent that I am in sound medical condition capable of participating in the bicycle ride without risk to others of myself.
- I have no physical or medical impediment that would endanger others or myself.
- I understand that the law defines a bicycle as a moving vehicle and I agree to follow all traffic laws, signs, rules and regulations.
- I agree that I will at all times during my participation in a trip by Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete to adhere to all safety rules and regulations of Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete which includes a zero alcohol policy and wearing a helmet at all times while riding a bicycle.
- As a responsible adult, I fully recognize that riding a bicycle on roads is inherently dangerous and that accidents can happen at any time and in any place during a trip ride. I am solely responsible for the manner in which I ride.
- I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors to release, indemnify and agree to hold harmless Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete, its officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents and participants of any from losses, costs, damages, claims, demands, rights and causes of action of any kind or nature including solicitor fees, and including any and all negligence claims of causes of action, which may arise and which result from illness, personal injuries, property damage, death or of any other damages or injuries, not included herein, occurring during, or as a result of, my participation in the trip by Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete.
- I agree that I will use good judgement, be self-reliant, and stop to request assistance if I am unsure of my ability to complete any segment of the event safely.
- In the event on any injury or accident, I agree to notify the trip leader, and consent to and permit emergency medical treatment.
- I grant permission to the trip organizer to take (or cause others to take) photographs and videos of me during the trip, and to use the same for any purpose including but not limited to promoting, advertising and marketing.
- I acknowledge and agree that any such photographs and videos shall be the sole property of the organizer and its assigns.
- I understand that severe weather or other conditions out of control of the trip organizers may cause the trip to be cancelled.
- In these cases, I understand that all costs I have incurred to attend the trip are not refundable.
- I agree to this freely and voluntarily without any inducement, assurance or guarantee being made to me and I intend this submission to be a complete and unconditional release of released parties to the greatest extent allowed by law.
- I agree that this complete waiver, release, and consent is binding on my heirs, proxies, representatives & ensigns.
Minors: If you are under 18 years old your parent or guardian must agree to the above conditions before the entrant may participate in any trip or event by Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete.
Content, photos, blog entries, and digital products are the property of Lucca Cycling Club di Elizabeth Anne Te Stroete. You are permitted to use its content, photos, and information for personal, informational, and non-commercial purposes.